Brian has been advising at UCCS since 2015. He is eager to help you realize your academic goals, navigate the complicated life of a student, mull over big questions about life, the universe and everything, and encourages you to ask not what your major will do for you, but what will you do with your major.
Originally from Indiana, Brian came to Colorado with his family as a kid and has remained in Colorado Springs since then. Prior to beginning a career in higher education, Brian was an Artistic Director for a small volunteer community theatre company, THEATREdART. Brian was very active in the Colorado Springs Theatre community for over 10 years as a writer, director, actor, and designer, helping the company produce over 50 plats. Now as a father of two, Brian only occasionally tromps the boards of the theatre, but it still holds a dear place in his heart. In his spare time, Brian enjoys hiking and biking with his wife and two daughters, and they often indulge in trips around the world. He is also an avid tabletop gamer, so if you want to discuss the dangers of the phlogiston, haggle over exactly how much grog a gnome should drink before attempting to fix the nuclear reactors, or tell him what your favorite Magic card is and why it's Chaos Orb, he is happy to partake.
- Brian enjoys collecting laserdiscs and has a pile of broken laserdisc players (let him know if you would like one)
- Brian once dressed up as an Astro-Lumberjack for purely artistic purposes
- Brian once knew a cat named Lothar White Paws, Claw Warrior of the Tree Lands
- Brian once negotiated the theatrical rights to a Kurt Vonnegut screenplay with Kurt's personal lawyer while he (the lawyer) was eating dinner
- Brian doesn't usually speak in the third person unless he is writing some sort of bio
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, 2005
- Master of Arts in Leadership with a focus on Student Affairs in Higher Education, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, 2012