I love advising because it's one of the few areas on campus that connects with all students and is designed solely to support students from orientation through graduation. As Director, I mostly spend time working on the big picture challenges that students and staff face as they journey through UCCS and work to create solutions at every level to make UCCS a better place.
I am from Pennsylvania and grew up in the small town of Hershey where it smelled like chocolate and the streetlights were shaped like Hershey Kisses. My family and I have called Colorado home for almost 18 years now and love living in the Springs with great access to Garden of the Gods, Palmer Park, and a whole host of places to explore. When not at UCCS, you might find me slowly biking around town or exploring the city with my two sons.
- I once hit three homeruns in a baseball game.
- I spent a summer in Bulgaria.
- I am always up for a meme or gif to make the day a little more enjoyable.
- Master of Arts in Leadership, Student Affairs in Higher Education, University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Cornell University