I grew up in a smallish town close to where Texas, the Gulf Coast, and Louisiana come together -- the French-speaking, swampy part of Texas. I lived in Texas, New York, South Caroling, and Massachusetts before moving to Denver and then Colorado Springs five years ago. Most of my career I've worked as a teacher, teaching most recently at the Air force Academy and Johnson & Wales University in Denver. I have four kids, ranging in age from 10 to 26, and two large dogs. I like to hike, backpack, mountain bike, and snowshoe.
- I'm weirdly good at darts
- I played football in high school
- I paid rent for four months by writing movie reviews
- I spend too much time thinking about traditional forms of American music
- I aspire to play the guitar
- Doctor of Philosophy in American Literature, University of South Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Texas, Austin