I’m originally from Tennessee but have lived all over. I’ve worked in education for over 15 years and have been at UCCS since 2018. I’m currently based in Cheyenne, WY as my husband is active duty military.
As your academic advisor, I am here to help you navigate your college experience. While I am here to help you select classes to help you stay on the path toward your degree, I am here for much more than that. My primary role is to listen, set goals with you, and connect you with resources. I can assist with conversations around adjusting to college, work/life balance, getting involved on campus, developing academic skills, exploring majors/minors, and working to connect you to faculty. Basically, if you need something and aren’t sure where to begin, I am your person. I look forward to working with you and building a relationship with you.
- I love to travel and the Isle of Skye, Scotland is one of my favorite places!
- I have a rescue dog named Dani who loves to snuggle.
- I enjoy baking and am working to perfect baguettes.
- I've lived in 8 states so far.
- I lived abroad in West Africa when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer.
- Master of Science in Academic Advising, Kansas State University, 2012
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Austin Peay State University, 2008